7.16.2010

Over the Net Bridesmaid Consult

 I get Letters daily from women all over who are unsure of what would flatter them, or what they should have their stylist do for them at their next appointement. And I LOVE when they send me photos of themselves so I can do a 'cyber consult' with them.

Just Recently I received a letter from this beautiful lady who was going to be in a wedding and wasn't quite sure what to get-- Here is how it went.
ps. Her name is KristI with an I and I am KristY with a Y, to not be confused.
Hi Kristy,

I am new to your blog and think you are so cute and fun!! I've got a small dilemma I was hoping you might be able to help me with. This July I will be a bridesmaid for the first time and I have no idea how to do my hair. My hair is naturally curly and I love wearing it down, but feel like maybe that won't be formal enough. I've attached a photo of my hair down and one of me holding it up, as well as a picture of the dress. Do you have any suggestions?

Just saw the picture of Jennifer Aniston w/ her hair in a ponytail on your site and I really like that. But I think our hair types are very different so that might not work for me.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Blessings!
Kristi Morris
Portland, OR

My reply:

Kristi!

I am so happy to hear from you. I love your look, and I love that dress! It is gorgeous!
I see your movement and I love it, and knowing that you like to wear it down, and also your reference to Jennifer Aniston is a clear indication to me that you are totally a girl next door, and you don't necessarily need to wear a full on "UPDO" you can wear something a little 'loose' because you still want to look like yourself, you know?!
Here are some pics to show what I am thinking you can do!



Remember a low, loose do- can look 'undone and messy' if not worn with flattering accessories!


Let me know if you like these!!
(worn with a sweepy bang)
Kristy


-Wow, you totally nailed my personality! That's awesome! I love all 4 of the pictures you sent me, especially 3 and 4, and it's exactly what I would want. The bride invited me to get my hair done with her the day of the wedding so i think maybe I'll take these pics in to give them an idea of what I'm hoping for.

Also, I think the accessories will be perfect with the low loose do - 2 long strands of pearls and pearl earrings.


You are so sweet to take the time and help me with this. Thank you, thank you!

UPDATE-

Hi Kristy,

So the wedding was an amazing, perfect day and the bride was so beautiful. All of us girls went to a salon in the morning to get our updo's. I thought you'd be happy to know that besides the bride, I was the only one to bring inspiration photos and when the other girls saw the pics you sent me, they loved them and wanted the same thing!

Attached are a couple pics for you to see the finished product. I loved the way it turned out.

Thanks again so much for your help. It really contributed to making the day that much more special.
Kristi




She looked absolutely stunning and I am soo excited I was able to be a little part of making this day for comfortable and beautiful for her.

Don't forget to send me your photos and any questions you may have!

If you are in the TwinCities you receive 50% OFF your haircut  with me for consulting with me before hand!

No comments: